6 Best Beach-Inspired Drinks
The Northeast may be buried in a blanket of snow right now — but as we all know, in South Florida, it’s always beach season. Aside from the occasional cold front, the weather is perfect for a stroll in the sand. (Sorry, northerners. It’s the truth.) It’s also perfect for hanging out with your friends and family, a tropical drink in hand.
In honor of the winterless wonderland we call home, here are 6 of the best beach-inspired drink recipes to make at home (for those times you can’t snag a spot at the Square Grouper).
For the adults:
Dockside Daquiris (serves 6)
- 2 1/2 cups frozen strawberries, chopped (can use fresh)
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple (optional)
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 Tbsp sugar or sweetener of choice
- 3/4 cup coconut-flavored rum
- 3 cups ice cubes
In a blender, combine fruit, lime juice and sweetener. Blend until smooth. Add rum and ice cubes, blend again. Serve with crazy straws!
Blue Hawaiian Beauty (Serves 2)
- 4 Tbsp (2 oz.) light rum
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 4 Tbsp (2 oz.) Blue Curacao liquor
- 4 Tbsp (2 oz.) cream of coconut
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Garnish: pineapple slice, cherry (1 per drink)
Add liquor, pineapple juice, cream of coconut and ice to blender and pulse until smooth. Garnish with pineapple and cherry.
Serene Sunset (Serves 1 – that’s YOU)
- 4 Tbsp (2 oz.) coconut-flavored rum
- 2 Tbsp (1 oz.) Chambord liquor
- 4 Tbsp (2 oz.) orange juice
- 4 Tbsp (2 oz.) pineapple juice
- 4 Tbsp (2 oz.) cranberry juice
- 1/2 Tbsp (1/4 oz.) grenadine
Pour rum, Chambord, orange juice, pineapple juice and cranberry juice in a tall glass. Add 5-10 ice cubes. Top with grenadine.
For the kids:
Jupiter Lemon Julep (serves 8)
- 2 cups cold water
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar or sweetener of choice
- 4 mint sprigs
- 4 cups ginger ale
Combine all ingredients except ginger ale, let sit 30 minutes. Strain liquid into pitcher or punch bowl, add ginger ale and stir. Serve over ice.
Very Berry Breeze (Serves 2-3)
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup raspberry flavored sparkling water
- Sliced strawberries, for garnish
Combine cranberry juice and sparkling water, pour over ice and garnish with strawberry slices.
Hula Coolers (serves 4)
- 6 Tbsp (3 oz.) cream of coconut (usually comes in a 15 oz. can)
- 2 cups cubed pineapple
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
Add all ingredients to blender, blend on high for 10 seconds. Stir and blend for another 10 seconds before serving. If you’re feeling extra fun, serve in hollowed out pineapples!