This weekend is Father’s Day (you didn’t forget about dear old Dad, did you?) — and whether your pops is a foodie, a sports enthusiast or a seafaring angler, there are plenty of unique ways to celebrate all he’s done for you.
Breakfast/Brunch! – Start your Father’s Day on the right foot by taking Dad out for some delicious fare at one of these highly-rated Jupiter brunch spots:
- Berry Fresh Cafe is known for their Blueberry Fritters, Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, and friendly service, so you and Dad are sure to have a delicious (and sweet) experience. (3755 Military Trail)
- Center Street Nook (“The Nook”) is fantastic, hole-in-the-wall diner with an eclectic menu comprised of classic fare and exclusive Nook favorites — you can’t go wrong with the decadently topped Funky Monkey pancakes or the Country Benedict. (223 Center St.)
- The Corner Cafe is perfect spot for foodie dads to sit back, relax and enjoy made-to-order favorites like country-fried steak and conch benedict. (289 N. US-1 in Tequesta)
Golf! – After brunch, join Dad on the course for 18 holes. It is Father’s Day in South Florida after all. Here are three of Jupiter’s most popular public courses – check the websites to for tee times and more info:
- The Golf Club of Jupiter located at 1800 Central Blvd, 33458. 561-747-6262, http://golfclubofjupiter.com/
- Abacoa Golf Club located at 105 Barbados Drive, 33458. 561-622-0036, http://www.abacoagolfclub.com/
- Jupiter Dunes Golf Club located at 401 Florida A1A, 561-746-6654, http://www.jupiterdunesgolf.com/index4.html
Fishing! If your dad loves to fish, now’s the perfect time to get the whole family on board for that deep sea fishing excursion you’ve always talked about! With Captain Charlie Stuve or Good Time Charter Fishing, located near the Jupiter Inlet, guests can go out to sea to cast their line on the reefs off the Jupiter Inlet for snapper, grouper, dolphin fish, kingfish, and more — fresh-caught dinner, anyone?
Captain Charlie Stuve (By U-Tiki, 1095 Florida A1a
Jupiter, Florida 33477) http://www.fishjupiter.net/
Good Time Charter Fishing (Castaways Marina & Square Grouper Tiki Bar, 111 Love Street, 561-277-5941)
4. Baseball! If you’ve decided you’re not ready to stop bonding with Dad after this weekend, take him out the ball game! The Jupiter Hammerheads take the field on Monday, June 16 vs. the Palm Beach Cardinals at Roger Dean Stadium.
No matter how you choose to celebrate, you’re sure to find the perfect way to spend Father’s Day in Jupiter with your family!